Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto call minutes posted

Hi Bjorne,

Was the Proposal for Member Company Callisto Downloads discussed at all on the call yesterday?  I did manage to join the call, but I was quite late.

I was a little surprised by the proposal.  While we had talked about an all-in-one callisto download before, I don't recall having heard anything about this approach.  So, I'm curious where the idea came from?

It's an interesting idea.  I can definitely see the potential for promoting members' Callisto-based offerings.  My concern, however, is that people may find it confusing.  Aren't  people likely to look for an "official" Callisto package?  Will they realize that they can get *just* Callisto via any of these company's offerings?  Might they wonder if they'll get a different Callisto bundle depending on the offering they choose?

I suspect you've thought about these issues, but I don't see them addressed in the proposal, so I'd be interested to hear what you're thoughts were.

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Steinberg
Rational Software - IBM Toronto Lab

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2006 12:07 PM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto call minutes posted

FYI: some people don't see to be aware that the minutes are posted after each call. In case you were not aware, they are all linked from the Callisto page:
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/callisto.php

The latest minutes are:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/callisto.php?key=2006.04.19

The conference call dates and times, as well as the RC dates are also all listed on the Callisto page.

Regards,
Bjorn