RE: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Re: issues

My last comments, somebody else can have the last word, I need to get back to tracking my Callisto deliverables…

Re voluntary, we all recognize Callisto (as well as our contribution to Eclipse) is voluntary.  We’re not looking to quit Callisto in the face of the challenges, we’re looking to make Callisto work which means some flexibility since we’re figuring this out as we go (I’m sure Callisto 2 will be a smoother ride).

Re Projects being dropped from Callisto if they fall behind, we set that consequence in Aug’05 before we defined (1) the schedule and (2) any real requirements for Callisto.  As such, I’d have a hard time holding a strict line for Projects that might miss some interim deliverable due to a late/ambiguous requirement, but who have good intentions (and likelihood) of aligning (we’re not dropping the Eclipse Platform because their M5a (we could debate whether or not M5 sufficed, but let’s not, that would ruin my argument and needlessly distract more attention) came out a week late are we? Or any projects that were dependent on M5a that subsequently missed their Feb 24 deliverables?  No, we’re doing the right thing despite the Aug edict).

Re “API freeze was set as M5 back in August”, indeed, but in August no date was set for M5, or any other interim 2006 deliverables.  We took a leap of faith in Aug signing up for Callisto despite no timeline and no requirements.  Despite a few expected glitches here are there resulting from miscommunication or over-burden, I believe we’re doing the right things to successfully move Callisto Projects forward.

Thanks,

--tyler

PS despite TPTP being aligned since M3, if we do miss our M5 Mar 3 deliverable by a couple days, will you please at least slow down the train before you toss me off J