[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] a few comments

Hey!

#1:
I fixed the proposed length of this talk:
Taking EMF to the Mobile Web - EMFT Texo on HTML5 (currently line 63), it had a proposed lenth of 1, but "shorten" set to "yes", so I changed it to a length of 0.5.

#2:
And I would like to propose to shorten the following talks to a standard talk:

- Jnario - BDD for Java (12): interesting, but not too Eclipse specific... I would not put am emphasis on this one

- Desktop apps on tablet devices (30): very interesting, but nothing I would put a spot on at the conference with an extended talk - sorry Christian... ;-)

- Now that I've Got a Model - Where's My Application? (32): definitely awesome talk, but I would prefer it as a short talk

#3:
We have 8 (!) talks from itemis in the accepted list. Nothing against the folks from itemis, they are doing great stuff. But eight talks sounds a bit too much.

#4:
We have even three talks from Sebastian Zarnekow and three from Christian Do we wanna have three talks from the same speaker, when we reject talks from other people that end up having zero talks then at the same time? I like the idea of having great content from great speakers (and the two people I mention definitely belong to that group, I think), but I don't feel too good about having three talks from the same speaker and rejecting other (also good stuff) from others completely.

Summing this up, we could end up with:

- 3 more standard talks from shortening extended talks
- 1 more standard talk from shortening the itemis talks to 6 (minus one items, minus one from Sebastian, see next point) - 2 more standard talks from reducing Christian and Sebastian to 2 talks each

This would give us 6(!) more standard talks, would extend the acceptance up to line 111 (including). This would also include the talk from Oscar Slotosch that Ralph would like to see in the program.

What do you think?

Cheers,
-Martin

Back to the top