[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] ECE 2011 first telco in April 2012

Hi,

maybe as a recap of what we did last year. Last year we had a rather small subset of categories for the submissions to sort of emphasis and highlight key things that we wanted to have talks for. So we were trying to attract new people to contribute talks and give them ideas.

So my goal for this conference would be to have 4 or maybe 5 categories at most. When you submit a talk you still have tags that you can add.

On the other hand if you add categories for DSL, then the modeling people want modeling and the RT people want EclipseRT and the Orion people want Web and the CDT people want embedded and so on. If we (the program committee) have a strong feeling after the submission ends that we like to add more categories we still can do it and add those new categories to the submitted talks.

So @Jonas, I really like the suggested categories frmo you but the problem is that they dont reflect the whole picture of Eclipse technology  (missing areas are Embedded, CDT, Web, Orion, Build, Tooling) and there are probably more.

I personally find it easier to call the whole thing Eclipse technology and allow people to add tags. Then later as I said we can still divide that category in pieces if that is necessary. (but we dont have to)

Changing Building Industry Solutions to Experience Reports ? Why not. Or "Build with Eclipse". We can discuss this in the call.

So I hear that most people can make it on the 23rd. @Jonas what date would work for you ? (give us 2 or 3) We need to finalize a decision in April.

I really like to (if possible) set a time that allows everyone to be on the first call.

christian

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
USt-IdNr. DE207665352