[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] EclipseCon Deciders Call #2 : Thu 7jan10 1600est

Here's a basic summary from the submission system,
with all the talks in from all angles.

                             Budget       Requested
Tutorials:                 20                  24
Extended  Talk:       10                  24
Standard Talk:         80                120
Lightning:                40                  54

We are at the end-game, and now we need to make sure
that we have some kind of a balance in play.

So here's our options, as I see them (other expressions
of options welcome).

Tutorials -- we are close to the edit here, and I think we
can quickly decide the plan for the 20 here. Perhaps we
could have this conversation here on the phone if we
have enough people.

Extended Talks -- this is the most over-subscribed time
slot, although the absolute value is small. Because the
absolute value is small, there's a potential to revisit
these individually and make case-by-case decisions
as a group.

Lightning talks -- only slightly over-subscribed, and
again a small enough number that we could do more
sieving.

Standard talks -- well, there's a shedload over the limit
here too. What's the best approach? Let's discuss that.

I said I would have the figures ready in the spreadsheet
for this call and I don't I'm afraid. I'll continue to work on
that in the background, and documenting how to read
the thing. Again, this is to serve as guide so that we
can visibly see the balance of talk topics.

Thanks for your hard work and attention so far, everyone,
we're close. Let's haggle.

 cheers
    --oh

Back to the top