Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Submission System

+1 to extend to Friday or next Monday to account for US thanksgiving.

The trend seems to be to announce tomorrow but I think its more fair to announce today since those who intended on submitting this weekend could not, and will reduce stress level for many.

Kevin

Scott Rosenbaum <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/23/2008 11:23 AM

Please respond to
Eclipsecon Program Committee list        <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipsecon Program Committee list <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Submission System

All,

It appears that the EclipseCon submission system was either down, or at least very slow for much of the day on Saturday.  I have asked for a bit of information about what happened and how long the system was down.  I do know that I have not gotten any notifications of changes in the system since midnight on Friday.  The system seems to be back on line this morning.

Does anyone have a strong opinion on whether we should extend the submission deadline?  If so when do you think we should make the call?  How long should we extend for?

Scott