RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Category Revisions

I knew that would get an LOL out of Mike ;)

Well, the valley is also a hotbed of embedded and Embedded Systems Conference can attest to. And we actually get good attendence to Eclipse talks there, when we can get them. I think we can get these guys to come to EclipseCon if we have a good program for them. But I guess that's our job to figure out.

Doug.

From: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:32 AM
To: 'Eclipsecon Program Committee list'
Subject: RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Category Revisions

| Where is Eclipse headed? I'd bet that's harder to answer than you think, and I'm not sure there's any one individual who would know, except for maybe Mike.

I literally LOL’d on that one. I have guesses on where it’s heading. Perhaps my guesses are a little better informed than yours, but they’re still guesses.

Communities don’t head in a particular direction. They evolve. Evolution is hard to predict J

| Interestingly enough, I find ESE has a much higher embedded attendance percentage than EclipseCon. How does that happen? Culture?

| Demographics? Awesome recruiting by Ralph?

It is partially location and demographics. The Stuttgart area is very automotive-driven. My observation is also that small software companies in Europe are much more likely to be focused on systems engineering than enterprise. I think this is partially because of the large number of systems engineering companies in Europe.

Back to the top