From: Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Eclipsecon Program Committee list <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/08/2008 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Congratulations,        and        a few debriefing notes.

Thanks David.  If anyone else would like to post some comments, I'll include them in my final evaluation report as well.
  • Absolutely should have power strips for attendees for all tutorials.
The direct consequence of that will be fewer tutorial slots. FYI.
I have taken the "more tutorial slots is better even if there is no power" approach to date, but perhaps that was the wrong choice - perhaps you all want fewer slots even though there are more and more projects and topics each year.
  •   Suggested to have more and easier (and, quicker?) replication ports available next year.
Not sure what your concern was here: when we discovered the update stations were slow, we switched to a better system of exchanging an out-of-date for an up-to-date memory stick. Walk up, hand the person your stick, get another one, walk away - less than 5 seconds tops. I'm not sure what could be faster than that?

--