Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] SOA Track update

One further clarification request.   You said
        "These will be submissions that are currently neither ACCEPTED nor DECLINED - the bubbles"
I thought you had to explicitly mark something as a bubble and it meant "I'd really like to but have no space".  The description above implies "you couldn't decide and did nothing so it is a bubble".

On a related note, would it be feasible/reasonable to have the pressing of the big button cause only ACCEPTED talk submitters to be emailed?  At least at this point?  Under the model presented, I would only mark as declined talks that were complete garbage (not many of those around) since you never know what will happen with additional space and people withdrawing.  Talks that are on the road to being declined have to stay in a limbo land (perhaps as bubbles depending on your asnwer to the above) and it is hard to distinguish between the ones you have not looked at yet and the ones in this limbo state.  In short, PC members are not able to express their intentions.

As a result, we will have a hard time communicating with each other what we intend to do.  There are many tracks that have cross cutting concerns and PC members should be encouraged to look at what is happening in the other tracks to ensure the total conference coverage is appropriate (not too many duplicates and nothing missing, ...)  It would be interesting for me (for example) to be able to look at the RCP track and find out that talk XXX is likely to be declined.  I may agree, argue, offer up one of my track slots, ...

As it is now, we could mark our talks decline for the purposes of Friday's discussion but then I would have to go through and unset the "maybe decline" ones (and mark them as bubble?) before the big button is pressed so decline messages are not sent.  This would have to be done/contemplated each time the button is going to be pressed.

Then again, perhaps I am the only one who thinks this way...
Jeff

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/04/2007 05:48 PM

Please respond to
Eclipsecon Program Committee list        <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

karl.matthias@xxxxxxxxxxx, Eclipsecon Program Committee list <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] SOA Track update

Karl, (cc everyone on the PC)
Sorry I didn't explain my thought process fully here but yes, the PC *will* be able to leave submissions in the NEW (unassigned) state after Doug presses "Big Button". These will be submissions that are currently neither ACCEPTED nor DECLINED - the bubbles.  Doug will tell us all a schedule for his subsequent big button presses and each of those will send the additional accept/decline emails as necessary.

PC members,
So, yes, make the talks you definitely want (and fit in your allocation) as tentative ACCEPTED (background turns green, the text shows "N D") and those you definitely do not want as tentative DECLINE (background turns grey, the text shows "A N").  Leave all the bubble submissions as NEW (background white, shows "A D") and marked with the "bubble" keyword.

- Bjorn

Karl Matthias wrote:

Anything left in the NEW status will generate an error.
--