Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] SOA Track update

Oisin,

Obviously I can't speak to how you want to handle the process but in terms of the software you can simply leave the talk as "NEW" until you make the final decision. We're working on "the Big Button" to move all of the talks from tentative to final status. At that time it will verify that you have no talks in NEW status (meaning, some decision has been made: WITHDRAWN, ACCEPT, DECLINE). It won't let you move to finalized status without a decision being made on the talk. Anything left in the NEW status will generate an error.

Hope that helps

Karl

Oisin Hurley wrote:
I've been using "bubble" to mean "waitlisted", yes.

Ok.

Um, not sure what your question is here - mechanically, you will DECLINE (or WITHDRAW) the original talk and ACCEPT the replacement.

Sorry for not being clear - here's a full example.

Talk A is interesting, I press ACCEPT.
* Talk B is not so interesting, I press DECLINE.

Talk A presenter wins lottery, retires to a
luxury Ruby on Rails OSS project, refuses to
return calls.

I DECLINE Talk A.
I ACCEPT Talk B.

Is this the correct way to do it?

Where I have the * is the nub of my confusion. What
if I neither ACCEPT nor DECLINE Talk B at this point?

 best regards
  Oisin