RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Commercial Theater

Ug, yes.  Sorry that I did not report back.

Just to be clear – the sponsorship side of EclipseCon is not part of the mandate of the Program Committee.  But we do welcome feedback and always include previous years sponsors in early versions of the sponsorship packages, etc.  I believe the reason this suggestion came up at the Program Committee was how it relates to available space to accommodate more speaking slots and area by making use of the Exhibit Hall.

It turns out (and we bounced around different ideas, see one below) that the tear-down process of the Exhibit hall on Thursday (this involves big guys from unions driving fork-lifts) is significant enough that there isn’t a practical way to accommodate using the exhibit hall for extra demo space this year.  If we consider it for 2009, we would need to extend our hold on the conference space in order to be able to tear down the demo area late Thursday evening when the show is over.  Bottom line is the setup and tear down process is long enough, and loud enough, that it was not practical to consider for this year given our obligations with the CC.

-          Don

cid:part1.05080608.09040203@eclipse.org