Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Keynotes

I would be happy to try and make contact but I wonder if the EclipseCon production company (whoever that is) would be in a better position to contact agents and discuss these things.  I could talk to them about their provisioning or execution requirements but don't have much of a clue as to how to approach people like this to arrange appearances.

Having said that, I will poke and see but if the production company can be of assistance that would be great.
Jeff

"Gaff, Doug" <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/07/2007 05:49 PM

Please respond to
Eclipsecon Program Committee list        <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipsecon Program Committee list" <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Keynotes

Hi folks,

I’m trying to organize the keynote options in a coherent way so we can make some decisions ASAP.

https://www.eclipsecon.org/wiki/EclipseCon_2008_Program_Committee/Keynotes

I have done the following:
·         Pushed a few folks off the list.
·         Labeled them as: (1) humorist, (2) open source, (3) misc technology
·         Located home pages, Wikipedia pages, and YouTube samples

Please take a look in preparation for next week’s meeting.  Some specific actions I need help with:

Jeff:
·         Lang Lang sounds really intriguing, but I’ll bet he’s expensive.  He’s also touring like mad according to his website.  Can you make contact to find out his interest/availability/cost?
·         Douglas Coupland also has a very interesting bio and book list.  He would be my preference over Lang Lang.  Also likely very expensive.  Can you pursue for more info?

Bjorn:
·         Is Cory still a possibility?  I think you were going to talk to Ward about him.

Doug