616.975.1985
pvlei@xxxxxxxxxx

"I don't see architecture coming from you." -Jerry Seinfeld

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:00 PM
To: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
From: Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Business Track and User   Track tutorials?

Michael, Maher, Mike, Simon, Ed, Paul,
There are 21 tutorial submissions and only one of those is User Track and zero of them is Business Track. At this rate, we're not going to have a user track or a business track.  At this rate, we're going to have an EclipseCon that is just about developers again. That would be fun for the committers, but not what we are trying to do with EclipseCon - we are trying to have a conference for the whole community.

And only 16 of 75 submissions overall are User or Business track - only 1/5th of the submission are in those two tracks and 4/5ths are the Developer Track.  Is that what we want?

We really need you guys to be out there recruiting content. Actively recruiting.
--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Technical Director, Open Source Process and Infrastructure

Back to the top