RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] RE: Kickoff meeting

+1

From: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lawrence Mandel
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:51 AM
To: Eclipsecon Program Committee list
Subject: RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] RE: Kickoff meeting

Although we mentioned on todays call that Erich and John have given "What's new in Eclipse" keynotes the last two (only two) years at EclipseCon we didn't discuss inviting them to do so again and I think we should. Their talks both years were both well attended and well received and at this point I feel the "What's new in Eclipse" talk is expected at EclipseCon.

Any objections?

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

"Tim Wagner" <twagner@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/22/2005 02:00 PM

Please respond to
Eclipsecon Program Committee list

"Eclipsecon Program Committee list" <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] RE: Kickoff meeting

Action Items and Owners:

  • Everyone: Confirm the following schedule for status telecoms: Friday, 10am PDT on Aug 12, Aug 26, every Friday in Sept (2, 9, 16, 23, 30). If keynote speaker selection completes earlier and tutorial selection is on track we can scale back the number of telecons. We’re revisit group meeting periodicity once we enter the talk selection phase, since the three tracks may be more independent at that point.
  • Doug: Pursue “CIO of large company adopting open source software, especially if std. on Eclipse” for keynote speaker.
  • Sri: Pursue “CTO of tooling company standardizing delivery on Eclipse platform” for keynote speaker.
  • Tim: Continue investigating the following: Sun (esp. NetBeans), MS (if appropriate), Apache/Geronimo
  • MikeB: Contact Martin Fowler for keynote availability.
  • Tim: Find sub to host 8/12 call (vacation)
  • Bjorn: Status update on “EclipseConZilla” tool.

(Reminder: Track chairs are responsible for at least one keynote speaker option each, and *everyone* should be working to recruit talent conference-wide regardless of whether you have specific AIs above. –tw)

Attendees:

  • Srinivas
  • Lawrence
  • Gunnar
  • Doug
  • MikeB
  • MikeT

External deadlines for program committee:

  • 10/1: keynote speaker selection complete
  • 10/30: tutorial selection complete
  • 12/1: technical presentation selection (long and short talks) complete

…with the caveat that we may extend the deadline formally and/or accept content of merit after the deadline.

Other Topics:

  • Introductions
  • Reviewed process (Bugzilla-like tool, open and transparent to community, rolling admission)
  • General discussion around keynotes (see AIs for detailed outcome)

Once the Wiki is set up we can track minutes and AIs there; for now, please send any corrections or additions to me via this distribution list.