[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] The EclipseCon 2006 website is live - and now your duty is to populate it!

Dear EclipseCon 2006 Program Committee Members,
The initial EclipseCon 2006 website is up and operational http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/
It's only a few pages, so feel free to read them all, especially the Call For Participation.  The most important thing that you all, as the Program Committee, can do right now is to start recruiting.  Great content does not just appear in our inboxes - it takes active work by the program committee to uncover the exciting, interesting, useful, and informative content and then to convince those people to submit presentations.

Most importantly, we need three to six keynotes and we need them by October 1st.  Keynotes are the keystones to attracting other great content to a conference (and thus attendees and exhibitors).  Keynotes are like the anchor stores in a shopping mall - without the keynotes, the program doesn't jell. Each of the sub-committees (Developers, Users, Business) needs to find at least one stellar keynote by October 1st.

Fortunately, EclipseCon has the budget to pay travel costs and honoraria for our best keynotes, so don't let that be an issue in stopping you from recruiting the absolute best...  I will leave the project management (status reporting, conference calls, etc) of the Program Committee up to the talented and capable Overall Program Chair: Tim Wagner.