[eclipse.org-committers] Chat service announcement!

Hello everyone,

We're excited to announce that the Eclipse Foundation will soon be rolling out a new communication service called "Chat Service" based on the Matrix protocol. This will allow the community to test out a new way of communicating within the project, with external communities or with the foundation team.

We invite you to connect to the preview platform starting from March 15th for a one-month trial period. Our goal is to collect feedback on the original needs of chat communication, but also on the Matrix choice, federated communication, community openness, features, platform stability, and more.

Please note that this is the first iteration, so there is an organization and behavior already set.

We welcome any proposals or suggestions that can be discussed later.

For more details, please join us on March 15th, the day the preview launches.

Stay tuned!

Sébastien Heurtematte
Release Engineer | Eclipse Foundation