Re: [eclipse-scripting-dev] [ease-dev] EASE vs Eclipse Workbench (e4 or Eclipse 3)

+1

Pierre

De : ease-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ease-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de James Watkins-Harvey
Envoyé : 22 August 2014 3:48 PM
À : Eclipse EASE - Dev Mailing List
Cc : Discussions about scripting Eclipse.
Objet : Re: [ease-dev] [eclipse-scripting-dev] EASE vs Eclipse Workbench (e4 or Eclipse 3)

Good. So I think we can conclude that pre-e4 compatibility is indeed a wish, but that the main focus is definitely about the new e4 model.

Concretely, I suggest that the main UI plugin might be built around the e4 model, and therefore exploit most e4 goodies, namely behaviour annotations dependency injections, css, and so on. A backward compatibility plugin might be created afterward, probably based on org.eclipse.e4.tools.compat or whatever other approach that will be appropriate.

Insights, issues, comments or objections, anyone?

James Watkins-Harvey

Software architect and Research and Developement director