[eclipse-scripting-dev] Eclipse Jython Debugger Update

Hi,

I was quite busy over the weekend extending the Eclipse Jython debugger and just committed a new version to github.

This version can handle stack traces so Eclipse highlights the current line and displays the local variables for each entry in the stack trace.

As mentioned in my last message it is already possible to run scripts, break at breakpoints and use the step/continue functionality. Breakpoints now work in imported files as well.

The code is still in a bit of a mess, but at least the most important debugging functionality is implemented and ready to be refactored.

I hope that the gerrit server for the official repository will be activated this week, so I can commit my code and modifications to the existing sources. For now it is still necessary, that you manually change the visibility of some members [1] [2].

Feel free to give it a try and if possible send feedback.

Best regards,
Martin

[1] org.eclipse.ease.lang.python.jython.JythonScriptEngine.mEngine needs to be changed from private to protected [2] org.eclipse.ease.lang.python.jython.Manifest has to export org.eclipse.ease.lang.python.jython

Back to the top