[eclipse-ide-wg] Babel project in peril

Folks,

As you may know, the Eclipse Babel project[1] has been producing language packs for the Eclipse IDE and many other Eclipse projects since 2008. You may also know that Babel's project lead, Kit Lo, tragically passed away a few short months ago.

Kit was performing 99% of the work to produce Babel language pack releases 4 times per year. New language packs will not be produced anymore without someone stepping in to fill this role.

Unfortunately, we have very little documentation on this process, and many tasks were performed from a Linux command line.

Is someone willing to step up and fill the role of producing Eclipse Language packs? If the role cannot be filled, I'll have to request a termination and archival of the project.

Denis

[1] https://eclipse.org/babel

Back to the top