[eclipse-dev] Lightweight M1 for September release

Hey everyone,
We had the lightweight M2 release process for a couple of years already and there are no problems that came out of M2 builds . Thus I would like to propose the following:

Use the same lightweight release process for M1 starting with the next release cycle.

This means no milestone week with all the associated limitations coming from it.
If that process is good enough for M2 I see no reason to have a heavier one for earlier milestone release.

P.S. Let's keep this discussion about the M1 release process and discuss further process enhancement if/when we do the change for M1. Step-by-step approach is always best and allows some progress to be made rather than striving for the next big thing/change.

--
Aleksandar Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse Team

Back to the top