[eclipse-dev] Referencing Bugzilla Bugs in Github PR's

Hi folks,

in the context of a PR review (https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/pull/34/files/04d77e8f8720bb33c2c6de3a1dabf1d6058e9492#r855294026), an interesting topic came up: how do we reference bugzilla content in future changes? As I understand the migration plan (https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Gerrit/Gerrit-and-Bugzilla-deprecation-and-migration-plan):

1. Bug links will continue to work indefinitely
2. We will be able to edit bugzilla bugs until the move to a static site in May 2025

So for me, currently, we can just continue to have discussions on existing bugzilla bugs, even if we fix them via Github PR's. Post 2025, I would suggest that we copy any bugzilla bug we want to fix to github (gitlab).

There is some language referring to "bugzilla migration" in the plan. Does that mean bugs will be copied to github/gitlab at one point? That wasnt's entirely clear to me.

/Thomas

Back to the top