Re: [eclipse-dev] SWT repositories moved to Github

On 2022-03-28 20:37, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
These Git repositories are now moved to GitHub: https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.swt and https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.swt.binaries

I have a few questions regarding the move.

I understand that some of these could be work in progress, but now that I don't know if yes or no, I better mention everything.

Simple questions:
1) Is it correct that we should now delete `.git/hooks/commit-msg` that was generating Gerrit IDs before? 2) How do I use my committer powers (if I happen to want to use them) in the new repo?

Bigger question:
I understand that we now rely on GitHub PRs instead of Gerrits. I would love to see the usual practice of PRs consisting of branches of properly chunked commits. I understand that previously patches were rather done in "single commit" style mostly due to Gerrit limitations. Now that GitHub PRs show entire pull request as a single thing that shows all associated commits, there is seemingly no roadblock to start making chunked commits. What do you think?

Things that still seem to need adjustment:
1) Auto-adding GitHub pull requests to 'See also' and comment like 'PR was created' in Bugzilla
2) Old repo URLs still mentioned here
   https://www.eclipse.org/swt/git.php

Feature requests
1) It would be nice to continue to auto-detect stuff like "Bug 123456" as links to Bugzilla. Not sure if that's easily possible on Github.

Back to the top