Re: [eclipse-dev] Java 16 support for Eclipse 2021-03 (4.19)

Hi Manoj.

While working on AspectJ (which forks JDT Core and ECJ for the AspectJ
compiler Ajc), I noticed that the ECJ usage text was not updated in
order to reflect Java 16 support. I am not sure if PRs on GitHub are
being noticed or processed, so I want to mention it here FYI:

https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.core/pull/63

BTW, the PR is a superset of my other, yet unprocessed PR which fixes
some whitespace issues in the usage text:

https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.core/pull/62

Please merge.

Thanks in advance and best regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de

Manoj Palat wrote on 2021-03-17:

> We are pleased to announce the Java 16 support for Eclipse 2021-03
> (4.19).
>
> The release notably includes the support for the following Java 16
> features:
>
> JEP 394: Pattern Matching for Instanceof.
> JEP 395: Records.
> JEP 397: Sealed Classes (Second Preview).
>
> The release can be obtained through one of the following ways:
> 1. P2 update site:
>    https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.19-P-builds/
> 2. Java 16 Marketplace entry:
>    https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/java-16-support-eclipse-2021-03-419
>
> Additionally, the Java 16 support is available on 4.20 from the next
> integration build onwards - download from
> https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/
>
> I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved
> in Java 16 Support!
>
> Regards,
> Manoj N Palat
> Eclipse Java Development Tools