Re: [eclipse-dev] SWT Chromium support requires external update sites?

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 12:49 PM Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Friends of Eclipse,

a customer of mine is planning to test / use the SWT Chromium support
which was added in 4.17.

https://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#browserspecifydefault describes
the process of setting this up using non Eclipse update sites from
https://equo-chromium-cef.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/rls/repository

I strongly recommend against using Chromium if you care about Linux. It's not ready yet and will simply not work on Wayland (default on most modern distros).

--------------
To use the Chromium libraries from the Eclipse SDK:

Install the CEF binaries in Eclipse from the p2 repo - CEF p2 repo
from Make technology
Add the required jars to classpath of project:

I thought the chromium support has been added to SWT? Do we also have
Eclipse update sites for the binaries?

Best regards, Lars

--
Eclipse Platform project co-lead