Re: [eclipse-dev] Sad News

Very sad to hear that. Dani was a key part of many conversations I had in the past. My condolences to his family.

Alex

Sent from my iPhone 📱

On 4 Nov 2020, at 17:19, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that our friend and colleague Dani Megert passed away last Friday evening. Dani's death was not related to COVID-19.

Dani had been involved with the Eclipse community before it was even called Eclipse. He was one of the original Object Technology International team that created what became known as the Eclipse IDE. After OTI became part of IBM he stayed with the project with ever-increasing responsibilities: leader of JDT and Platform Text projects, Eclipse Platform Lead, Eclipse PMC member, and JDT project leader. More recently he stepped up his involvement with the Eclipse Foundation's governance and has been an elected member of the Board since 2016, representing our committers. Dani was a tireless advocate for our projects and committers in our Board discussions. Within IBM he was a leader, a manager, but most importantly a mentor, to the Eclipse IDE development team.

In recognition of Dani's commitment to the Eclipse community, he was awarded the Eclipse Lifetime Award in 2016.

It is impossible to over-state the contributions that Dani made to the Eclipse IDE platform and its community. Millions of developers around the world have benefited from his work. He will be deeply missed by all who knew him.

--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)