Re: [eclipse-dev] Plugin "Updates are not permitted" for regular users >> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui

Thanks a lot for your replays.

My use case is following:
We prepare a customized eclipse, it has installed some additional plugins from open source, and some of our custom plugins.
Then this installation is copied into a readonly/shared location.
Many users are using this customized eclipse. And we would like users to be able to update any plugin in case of need. E.g. to update our custom plugins from a local artifact repository, using Install New Software, when a new version of plugin is available. And, in this case users could benefit on some bug fixes before this version will be integrated into the next customized eclipse.

Also, if this is not possible, so far, we should decide what plugins will be provided by default and what users should install by themselves, which would be some extra work for all of them.

Thank you
Kind Regards
Lidia