[eclipse-dev] Adding UML diagram generation capabilities to an Eclipse plugin

I work on a relatively complex Eclipse plugin codebase which is used for viewing and editing files in a specific custom specification language. The models developed have an analog in UML models, and there's actually an existing Python-based tool that generates UML diagrams from similar specifications.

I'm realizing that I might need to add the ability to generate UML models from the models developed with this plugin. I'd prefer not to use the Python tool. I believe there may be toolsets in the Eclipse ecosystem that I could use for this. I believe the EMF project might be this, although that might be for the "reverse" use case, that of generating code from UML models, which I don't care about.

Is this a possibility? Assuming there is at least one toolset for this, are there relatively straightforward examples I could look at?

Back to the top