[eclipse-dev] Eclipse 4.5 RC2 and Equinox (Mars RC2) is available for download

It is my pleasure to announce that "Mars RC2" is available from the Eclipse Platform Project.
But, see "UPDATE CAUTIONS" below, if you have an "old" version of a Mars installation (such as M6 or earlier).

Much thanks to everyone who made this release candidate possible.

        Eclipse downloads:
        http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.5RC2-201505211715/

        Update existing (non-production) installs:
        http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/

        Specific repository good for building against:
        http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/S-4.5RC2-201505211715/

        Equinox specific downloads:
        http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/S-MarsRC2-201505211715/

UPDATE CAUTIONS:
If you have a an installation of Mars from prior to 4/27 (such as M6), then you can not update directly to RC2.
You'll get a message about "blockMacUpdates action not found" and be left with a fragile, if not broken installation. (See Bug 468061).

This does not apply to M7 or RC1 installations (nor Luna installations) ... those can all update directly to RC2.
But for earlier Mars installations, we recommend you either download a fresh copy of an archived install, or, you
update to M7 [1] or RC1 [2] first, before trying to update to RC2.

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/S-4.5M7-201504301445/
p2] http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/S-4.5RC1-201505141000/

Back to the top