[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Apr 20, 2011

-------------------
 Discussion Topics
-------------------

JDT UI:
- build schedule for M7:
  - Friday is a holiday in many countries, Monday in some
  - suggest additional warm-up I-builds on Thursday (01:00, 08:00, 13:00, 18:00)

--------
 Status
--------

JDT UI:
- disabled 1.7 compliance for 3.7
- continued to investigate and fix performance bugs (we have 2 remaining for 3.7)
- no polish items left
- investigated and fixed incoming DBCS bugs
- bug fixing
- vacation

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- investigate and fixed performance bugs (none left)
- no polish items left
- investigated and fixed incoming DBCS bugs
- bug fixing
- vacation

Ant:
- investigate / verify performance
- bug fixing / triage
- no polish items left

Debug:
- disabled 1.7 compliance for 3.7
- completed last polish item
- investigate / verify performance
- bug fixing / triage
- vacation

JDT Core:
- vacations
- work on improvement in apt for better handle error type
- investigating DBCS bug reports
- no polish items left
- investigate / verify performance
- nug fixing / triage
- made good progress to understand the diamond case specification

SWT:
- 3.7 bug fixes
- investigating bug 342755 this week, which could be the cause of various recent
  painting bugs in GTK 2.18+

User Assistance:
- bug fixing and testing
- linux testing
- updating screen shots

Rel. Eng.:
- ran full build with tests against Java 7 again so JDT team could verify their fixes
- problems with tests timing out on Mac Hudson slave seems to be a VNC issue.  If I'm
  logged in remotely as the hudson user, they work. If not, they don't. If anyone has
  VNC expertise, I would appreciate any help you could provide:
  - see https://bugs.eclipse.org/343308
- new equinox.region bundle added as incubator bundle:
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/342997
- build schedule updated to reflect builds for 3.7M7 including a Thursday morning 8am
  build to serve as a warm-up as some teams will be away for a holiday on Friday and/or
  Monday:
  - http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-releng/buildSchedule.html
- JaCoCo code coverage report is currently incomplete because of problems generating p2
  source bundles in the SDK:
  - https://bugs.eclipse.org/343266

Performances:
- Bugs 340136 and 340138, which have huge regressions, on the test machines cannot be
  reproduced on our machines
- 3.7:
  I20110412-1532: nothing new
  N20110414-2000: nothing new
  N20110416-2000: nothing new
  I20110419-1004: nothing new

Workspace:
- 13 bugs left for 3.7 including 1 critical and 1 blocker
- polish bugs:
  - Bug 340666 - Cannot save changes in compare editor for 2 projects [fixed]
  - Bug 294650 - create patch dialog does not always select all files [fixed]
  - Bug 319661 - Patch wizard excludes changes in projects that it can't connect
    [in progress]
  - Bug 149121 - ObjectNotFoundException prevents opening workspace [in progress]
  - Bug 263919 - Synchronize must not abort when log-in to repository fails
    [in progress]

.

Back to the top