Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Mar 31, 2010

Performances:
- 3.6 perf tests:
  - page results are still manually generated
  - builds verification (all scenarios):
    - I20100312-1448(3.6 M6):
      + bug 306925 was a duplicate... :-S
    - N20100325-2000: nothing new
    - N20100327-2000: nothing new
    - I20100330-0800: nothing new

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                           |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |03/31/2010 03:49 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Mar 31, 2010                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
  |eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                   |

--------
 Status
--------

JDT APT:
- EclipseCon
- newsgroups, inbox, Bugzilla tracking
- reminding myself of outstanding APT bugs
[ed.: welcome back, Walter]

JDT Core:
- fix issues around getting javadoc for referenced classpath entries
- working on getting the issue with scheduling rules fixed (305043)
- code formatter fixes
- code assist fixes
- compiler fixes
- Eclipsecon
- bug triage

Platform UI:
- working on Open Resource dialog (improvements to bug 86973)
- fixed leaks in FilteredItemsSelectionDialog, CompoundContributionItem,
OpenWithMenu
- clarified 'Show In' feature (doc and Javadoc)

JDT UI:
- fixed problems in JUnit view history with illegal XML characters and
encodings
- investigated performance issue related to twistie animation on Windows 7
(see SWT bug 302396)
- New Java Project wizard can now create projects nested in other folders
in the workspace
- added Project Explorer as 'Show In' target to all JDT perspectives
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- content assist: additional info pop-up is now hidden when table is
resized
- protected template support against invalid XML characters
- fixed some bugs in Clean Ups
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

SWT:
- eclipsecon
- accessibility work continues
- use of WebKitGTK approved by Eclipse Foundation
- welcome back, Scott Kovatch
- polish
- bug fixes, newsgroups
- vacation

User Assistance:
- working on polish items in Help View
- continuing to test and bug fix filtering of help view

Rel. Eng.:
- really enjoyed EclipseCon. Conducted a p2 tutorial with Ian Bull, a short
talk on
  Eclipse Talk Ten, participated in a build panel and organized EclipseCon
exercise
  where we ran a total of 570K.
- it was wonderful to meet so many people from the community, as well as
other
  committers who I work with, but don't have the chance to see in person
very often.
- Jeff Norris from NASA gave a talk "Rocket Science and the Republic".  It
was amazing.
  Best. talk. ever.  Not to mention that he thanked the committers for all
their hard work.
  Thank you eclipse committers!
- digging out from bugzilla and email

Platform Workspace: