Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse project plan updated

John,

The release milestone dates on the plan are out of sync with the Helios wiki page (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Helios/Simultaneous_Release_Plan). Which are the correct ones?

Thanks,
Greg

On Mar 5, 2010, at 9:44 AM, John Arthorne wrote:

A new update of the Eclipse project Helios plan is now available:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse

This plan update contains only one change: moving the Java 7 plan item to the deferred state. In order to align our schedule with the delayed official Java 7 appearance and due to lack of publicly available specifications (including lack of a Java 7 JSR), we have decided to move the Java 7 development work to a separate branch and decouple it from the 3.6 release. In that branch we will continue to develop the Java 7 features as they become publicly accessible. We will deliver separate updates for the official builds in order to provide early access to Java 7 features. More details will be sent out on this list when these separate downloads become available.

eclipse-dev mailing list
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx