Re: [eclipse-dev] Post Planning Meeting Notes - Feb 18, 2009

This weeks integration build is usable and a rebuild is not required. We do want people to be running the latest as much as possible. To that end, I'll investigate setting up an update site that we can use for any significant changes that we make between integration builds.
Kevin

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCAPascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

          Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
          Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          02/18/2009 02:22 PM

          Please respond to
          "General development mailing list of the Eclipse project." <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [eclipse-dev] Post Planning Meeting Notes - Feb 18, 2009

If the build is unusable, then why don't we do a rebuild? To me updating to N build is probably even worse / dangerous because it includes everybody changes from HEAD.
An alternative you should explore is to make a p2 site available with a feature patch for your updated bundles. This way ppl can choose to get in and out of these changes.

Inactive hide details for Steve Northover---02/18/2009 02:15:32 PM---Please get tonight's nightly Cocoa build instead.  The cocSteve Northover---02/18/2009 02:15:32 PM---Please get tonight's nightly Cocoa build instead. The cocoa integration build had a bunch of probl

Steve Northover/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

02/18/2009 02:15 PM

Re: [eclipse-dev] Post Planning Meeting Notes - Feb 18, 2009

Please get tonight's nightly Cocoa build instead. The cocoa integration build had a bunch of problems that we didn't discover until just now and there was no way we were asking for a rebuild.

Boris Bokowski/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/18/2009 01:21 PM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project." <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Post Planning Meeting Notes - Feb 18, 2009

        • The SWT team asks everyone to use the latest Cocoa build and report bugs to iron out the remaining 5% of issues.
        • With the ongoing infrastructure issues at the Foundation, we can only run builds at night because CVS is so slow. Be aware that we cannot afford running unnecessary builds._______________________________________________
          eclipse-dev mailing list
          eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

          eclipse-dev mailing list
          eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx