[eclipse-dev] Changes to CVS integration

In the latest I-build (I20080415) CVS integration started to use secure storage. With this change CVS passwords could be stored in an encrypted form.

If you allowed CVS to save passwords, you'll need to re-enter them so that they can be added to the secure storage. We hope that this won't be a problem as most people would have only one or two passwords to enter. If you know of a use case where data migration would be necessary please let me know.

The secure storage uses "-eclipse.keyring <file_path>" option in place of the "-keyring" and "-eclipse.password <password_file>" option in place of the "-password" option.

The "-keyring" and "-password" runtime options are not deprecated at this time as other bundles might use authorization database. The authorization database itself is deprecated but will remain in the SDK.

Sincerely,
Oleg Besedin

Back to the top