RE: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - June 20, 2007

As I remember it...

The 3_3_maintenance stream is currently holding what we are going to ship
for 3.3, so no new work should go in there yet. If you want to start making
3.3.1 fixes you can either do them in HEAD, and backport them to the
maintenance stream after we ship, or start your own private branch.

In terms of the *kinds* of fixes that should go into 3.3.1, the easiest way
to think of it is that it is as just an "extended release cycle", so you
should include fixes for bugs that you would have fixed for 3.3, if you had
had time to do them, but not new work. As to oversite/rules-of-engagement,
the _critical_ factor is that you don't introduce new instabilities or
break existing function. Typically, component leads understand the
implications of making a particular fix so a component lead's +1 is good
enough for now. As usual, when we get closer to the 3.3.1 ship date, the
rules will get more strict.

McQ.

             "Walter Harley"
             <wharley@xxxxxxx>
             eclipse-dev-bounc         "General development mailing list
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx            of the Eclipse project."
                                       <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             20/06/2007 11:00
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting
                                       Notes - June 20, 2007
             Please respond to
                 "General
                development
              mailing list of
                the Eclipse
                 project."
             <eclipse-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

Thanks, Mike.  I was at the Eclipse council meetings - could someone
summarize in email the results of the discussion on rules of engagement
for 3.3.1 fixes?

  -walter