[eclipse-dev] Plug-in Migration Guide

This is just a reminder to start thinking about entries for the 3.3 Plug-in Migration Guide.  Any breaking changes to API contract or signatures needs to be listed in the "Incompatibilities" section.  If there are new facilities in 3.3 that require migration for plug-in developers, they should be listed in the "Adopting 3.3 Mechanisms" section. The guide is currently pretty sparse, which means we've either done a great job this year of reducing the impact on plug-in developers, or we aren't doing a good job of letting people know about them...

The guide is found in org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/porting for Platform/Equinox, and org.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv/porting for JDT.

Back to the top