Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.3 endgame plan

Either the 'Fix approval' semantics or criteria have changed significantly
from previous end game plans.

So I would like a clarification.

I feel that that a fix approval should remain the sole responsibility of
the "component lead" in RC1 and RC2,
with additional component "leads" approval(s) needed for RC3/RC4.

This was the case in all previous releases, including the awesome 3.1
release,  and I am not sure why we are changing it.
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/eclipse-project-home/plans/3_1/freeze_plan.html?view=co

Was there a problem in this area in previous end games that we are trying
to fix with this change?

As for the 'Extra Checking' requirements, they are stricter this time
around, but that's great.

Thank you,
Wassim

             Kim
             Moir/Ottawa/IBM@I
             BMCA                                                       To
             Sent by:                  eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
             eclipse-dev-bounc         platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/02/2007 04:01          [eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.3 endgame
             PM                        plan

             Please respond to
                 "General
                development
              mailing list of
                the Eclipse
                 project."
             <eclipse-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

The daffodils are in bloom which means it's time for bbqs, frosty beverages
in the hammock and the Eclipse 3.3 Endgame. After M7 is released later this
week, we'll enter the final phase of the release cycle before the Europa
release.

The details are available here....

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/freeze_plan_3.3.html

You will notice that increasing levels of approval are required for
submitting code to each subsequent release candidate.   For instance, for
RC1 another committer must +1 your bug report. All changes must have their
associated bug reports tagged 3.3RC1.  As well, an additional committer
must check all code changes prior to release.

eclipse-dev mailing list
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
from this list, visit