RE: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - April 18, 2007

JDT APT status:
 - Broke the build twice in one week.  Although Markus and Jerome foiled our plans for derailing the I-build, I nonetheless think the APT team have done more than our share to make releng's life interesting, and others must take up some of the slack going forward.
 - We believe we are now passing all the APT tests in JCK 6.

From: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Arthorne
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:15 PM
To: General development mailing list of the Eclipse project.
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - April 18, 2007

Discussion topic: This week's integration build was *green*, the build ran on schedule, and all tests passing on the first try.  What did we do wrong?  Is there something we can do to make releng's life more interesting next time around? Should we investigate adding more intermittent failures to help us warm up for milestone week?

;)

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/04/2007 03:29 PM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."        <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - April 18, 2007

------------------
Discussion Topic
------------------

Platform/JDT Text:
- 3.3 M7 build schedule: Tuesday May 1 is a public holiday
 in Zurich

--------
Status
--------

Platform UI:
- bug fixing
- polish
- status handling:
 - integration with Jobs framework
- viewers:
 - VIRTUAL tree viewer improvements

Equinox:
- Ganymede Provisioning Workshop
- performance work
- PDE/Build hack-a-thon (bug fixing)
- bug triage
- bug fixing towards M7

Rel. Eng.:
- process for providing patched features
- major bug triage and cleanup
- bug fixing
- working through a number of issues with the source build

Debug:
- bug fixing & triage
- performance:
 - resolved performance issue with variables view detail
   pane in monster workspace:
   - resulted in 3 fixes: one in JDT Core, one in JDT Debug,
     and one in PDE (see bug 148965)
 - more investigation of JRE container initialization issue
   (bug 179685)
- quick fix for migrating deprecated JRE_LIB variables to JRE
 System library (classpath container)
- investigated JRE definitions from ".ee" files - deferred to
 3.4 as it requires new API (bug 181026)

JDT Core:
- bug fixing
- added a new compiler preference for better controlling the
 unused parameter optional warning
 (COMPILER_PB_UNUSED_PARAMETER_INCLUDE_DOC_COMMENT_REFERENCE):
 - once activated, a parameter documented in the Javadoc with
   the @param tag will not be flagged as unused
- performance improvements around source attachments
- understanding yellowness in performance tests

JDT UI:
- bug fixing
- performance work:
  - added performance tests for Open Type dialog
- polish:
  - improve configuration of workings set in package explorer
- preparing for JUnit 4.3.1

Platform/JDT Text:
- added performance & pass wiki page:
 - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Performance3.3
- investigating performance problems/regressions in other
 components [in progress]
- provided patch for marker view performance problem
- added special visible symbol for ideographic whitespace
- text editors now hook refresh (F5) command
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking
- 1/2 public holiday

PDE:
- polish of the dependency view (adding the overall 'state of the state'
info)
- new performance tests, performance improvements
- wrapping up launch configurations
- bug triage/fixing (90+ bugs fixed)

Install/Update:
- 33 bugs fixed in the last few days, many patches applied
- community invited to continue with the patches

User Assistance:
- polish
- performance work
- bug fixing