[eclipse-dev] SDK plug-in execution environment restrictions.

To all SDK component owners:

As you know, for every plug-in in the SDK, we record the minimum Java class library requirements (i.e. the "execution environment") for each plug-in in the plan. Please check this link:
        http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_3.html#Appendix1
and send me a list containing all plug-ins that have been added or whose execution environment has changed, of the form:

<plug-in1>        <execution environment>
<plug-in2>        <execution environment>

The possible values for <execution environment> based on the 3.2 plan are:

M1.0        OSGi Minimum Execution Environment 1.0
M1.1        OSGi Minimum Execution Environment 1.1
F1.0        J2ME Foundation 1.0
F1.1        J2ME Foundation 1.1
1.2        J2SE 1.2
1.3        J2SE 1.3
1.4        J2SE 1.4
1.4/1.5        Indicates that the plug-in can run on JSE 1.4 or greater, but provides enhanced functionality when run on J2SE 5.0.
1.5        J2SE 5.0 - indicates that the plug-in can only be run on JSE 5.0 or greater.
1.6        J2SE 6.0 - indicates that the plug-in can only be run on JSE 6.0 or greater.

If you have some new execution environment not covered by these, please indicate that as well.

McQ.

Back to the top