Re: [eclipse-dev] 3.3M5 and Valentine's Day

It's 2007 now :-)

On 1/23/07, Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The lack of a plan update is entirely my fault. If you'd like to assist me in getting it out, feel free to let me know.

In the interim, here are the projected dates for the remaining milestones...

Friday Feb. 9, 2006 - Milestone 5 (3.3 M5) - stable build
Friday Mar. 23, 2006 - Milestone 6 (3.3 M6) - stable build - API complete - API Freeze
Friday May 4, 2006 - Milestone 7 (3.3 M5) - stable build - feature complete - development freeze - lock down and testing begins

***IMPORTANT***: Although M6 is the last possible date for API changes, it is important for people to close on their API sooner if possible, _preferably_by_M5_. This is _effectively_what_happened_last_year_ where the API Freeze was M5, but there were a significant number of API changes post M5. I expect the situation to be similar this year, but we are being transparent about the likelyhood of late changes. After M5, _you_should_get_approval_from_a_PMC_member_ for any API change you want to make.

You should also assume that all attempts to make API changes after M6 will be rejected.

McQ.

Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/22/07 05:25

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] 3.3M5 and Valentine's Day

The 3.3 plan has not been updated yet to include the date for the 3.3 M5
milestone.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_3.html

After taking a closer look at the 3.1 and 3.2 release plans, it appears as
though the M5 milestone is typically scheduled on the Friday after
Valentine's Day.

Would it be safe to project ('project' being used as a verb here) that 3.3
M5 is due out on Feb 16, 2007?

Can we start making our Valentine's plans around that projection? ;)

Thanks,

Wassim