[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 15, 2006

--------
 Status
--------

Platform UI:
- General maintenance/bug fixing
- sharing settings:
  - sharing preferences between projects
  - sharing workbench state
- search dialogs:
  - preparing patch for JDT (Type dialogs)
  - refactoring in resource dialogs (fixing working set issue)
- XSLT:
  - continued worked
- undo/redo:
  - bug fixing
- data bindings:
  - renamed and refactored plug-ins
- commands:
  - continued work on menu support

Platform/JDT Text:
- 3.3 M4 planning
- performance work:
  - opening of Java editor up to 10% faster
  - annotation painting in text and overview ruler is way faster
- discussed wish list with JDT Core and JDT UI
- inbox tracking

JDT UI:
- added warning when starting refactorings on derived files
- investigated in refactorings with unsaved editors
- inline local variable is now a quick fix
- finished migration from sorter to comparator
- bug fixing

Debug:
- bug fixing
- released implementation of JFace-based debug viewers to
  HEAD/integration build (@see bug 153500)
- working on pluggable details area in variables view (@see bug 75852)
- polishing mixed mode launching APIs (@see bug 157059)

Runtime:
- launcher work:
  - created equinox-incubator/org.eclipse.equinox.startup and
    equinox-incubator/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher for the launcher work
  - also got the prototypes working on gtk & carbon
- worked with UI team to provide improved progress monitor
- investigation of using Java security permissions in RCP
- API tools
- released lazy-start changes
- released boot delegation changes
- Bug 135885. Standardize and enhance lazy-start
- Bug 162231. disable bootdelegation * by default
- bug triage and fixing

PDE:
- templates refactored into their own plug-in
- jar signing aftershocks (issues like importing features, parsing huge
  manifests etc.)
- work near completion on cheat sheet editors
- added auto-generation of initial content when adding new extensions in
  the GUI Extensions page
- switched to buffered I/O in various places of PDE
- bug fixing

User Assistance:
- ajax-based TOC tree in the help window available as a preference for
  now (will eventually replace the old TOC)
- work continues on the TOC tree accessibility platform compatibility
- dynamic content support added across the UA (filtering, includes,
  contribution into anchors, content replacing)

Rel. Eng.:
- added support to builder for text messaging the build phone in case of
  build failure.  More sleep during milestone week -> happier releng team.
- both I and N builds are now signed. Documented the process we used to sign
  builds in the releng faq:
  - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Platform-releng-faq#How_does_the_platform_team_sign_their_builds.3F
- released and tested 3.3M3 plugins to basebuilder:
  - http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Platform-releng-basebuilder
- bug fixing
- vacation

Back to the top