RE: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Nov 8, 2006

Ian Skerrett wrote on 11/08/2006 08:59:23 PM:

> As a wild idea, why not just separate the release number from the
> plug-in version.   We are going into the sixth year for the SDK, so
> why not just call it Eclipse 6.  Next year call the release Eclipse
> 7.   We could also have all the projects identify their Europa
> release. For example, WTP could be the WTP 2.0 Europa Release or
> BIRT 2.2 Europa Release.

Another wild idea.

Why not just pitch the Europa... names altogether.  Eclipse 6 is enough.  That has all the desirable attributes except snappiness and an air of scientific education.

Sorta seems a shame
And perhaps a bit lame
But all the same
What's in a name?

Jeff

p.s., man, I am just full of humour tonight.  Clearly not enough sleep

Back to the top