[eclipse-dev] NLUUG conference call for papers

We are organizing a conference in the Netherlands about languages and
tools.  I would really like to see a few presentations about Eclipse
there.

The audience is technical, therefore I decided to post this in the
developers maillist.  Hopefully that's OK.

This is the call for papers:

		       NLUUG Fall Conference 2005

			   *17 November 2005*
			      De Reehorst
			 Ede (The Netherlands)

			    CALL FOR PAPERS

			  Languages and Tools

Historically, UNIX has been an unparalleled breeding ground for
(scripting) languages and tools. Languages that existed for years have
evolved to suit their users, while new languages continue to pop up. In
recent times, we have also seen the advent of complete integrated
development environments like XML, .NET, and mono.

The Program Committee is looking for speakers with a good story to tell
about their positive and negative experiences with tools and languages,
especially in the UNIX environment. What problems have you encountered?
What were the solutions? We would like to see presentations reflecting
both the technical and non-technical aspects of software development,
including discussions about analysis, design, and (project) management.
Possible presentation topics are:

    * Scripting languages like: Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Javascript, etc..
    * Compiled languages like: C, C++, Java, C#, etc..
    * What is the best language for a specific application?
    * Practical experiences with certain languages, or the choice therefore
    * Interoperability with .NET and mono
    * Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
    * Applications frameworks and application-generators
    * Tools for the manipulation of audio, video, and photographic material
    * XML tools
    * Tools for embedded system development
    * Programming techniques, like extreme programming
    * Tools for project management
    * Change and revision management tools
    * Bug tracking tools
    * System monitoring tools

This conference offers the opportunity for both presentations and a
limited number of tutorials. In a presentation, the author has approx.
40 minutes to present a topic to the public. In a tutorial, a language
or tool will be explained for 3 hours, to a select audience. We urge
everyone with an interesting tutorial or presentation topic to submit an
abstract to the Program Committee before 1 September 2005. Abstracts can
only be submitted via the web:
http://www.nluug.nl/cgi-bin/nj2005-abstract-en

The accepted speakers will need to submit a paper for publication in the
conference proceedings before 10 October 2005. These papers will be
published on the NLUUG website after the conclusion of the 2005 Fall
Conference.

Even though Dutch will be the primary language at the conference,
English-language presentations and tutorials are also welcome.

Important information:
*1 September 2005*	Abstract deadline
*15 September 2005*	Notification to speakers
*10 October 2005*	Paper deadline

Questions about the conference and suggestions for speakers should be
emailed to pc-nj2005@xxxxxxxx.

45. You buy a Captain Kirk chair with a built-in keyboard and mouse.

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        Sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\     Buy LOTR 3 and help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF.nl/lotr.html   ///