RE: [eclipse-dev] Access Restrictions - The Conclusion

Thanks Walter.

The manifest.mf syntax was intentionally left out of the article, because
it is an implementation detail.

Plus, I'm a tooling guy and my job is to promote using table viewers and
radio buttons, instead of taking an in-depth look at the source page :-)

Having said that, a modified version of the article will appear in the PDE
3.1 documentation.
Written in the first person from the point of view of a compiler :-), the
modified version will include a cross-reference to the Platform Plug-in
Developer Guide where the runtime team discusses the related manifest.mf
syntax.

On a somewhat related note, throughout the day, I had more people enquire
about the Dennis Rodman reference than about the article itself :-)  So let
me clarify this too:

In the spring of 1997, Dennis Rodman, a basketball player, published his
autobiography entitled 'Bad as I Wanna Be'.

'Restrictive as You Wanna Be' as a title for the article was a lame pop
culture reference to it.

Wassim.

             "Walter Harley"
             <wharley@xxxxxxx>
             eclipse-dev-bounc         "General development mailing list
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx            of the Eclipse project."
                                       <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             06/20/2005 05:58
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: [eclipse-dev] Access
                                       Restrictions - The Conclusion
             Please respond to
                 "General
                development
              mailing list of
                the Eclipse
                 project."

Wassim wrote:
> In an effort to close on this issue, I have written a document [...]
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/pde-ui-home/acce
ss_restrictions/restrictions.html

Thanks, Wassim; it looks good (and we are using it on our project, and
it is meeting our needs).

If you aren't totally burnt out on it yet :-) something that might
improve this document even further would be to also mention the
manifest.mf syntax that is generated by each of the options you mention.

  -Walter Harley
   BEA Systems, Inc.