Re: [eclipse-dev] Sharing external builders

Questions like this belong on the news.eclipse.org newsgroup (on the eclipse.platform group). When you post there, please explain how deleting your .externalBuilders directory is related to sharing it.

You don't have to do anything extra to share external tool builders, because they're created in the project.

- Jared

Pascal Giard (QC/EMC) wrote:
Hi,
i'd like to know if it's possible to share external builders. So far, i've been unable to do so.

...tried the following:
Create the Ant Builder
Quit eclipse
Delete the directory (.externalBuilders)
Start eclipse - the builder is gone - so far so good
Quit eclipse
Copy back the directory
start eclipse
refresh project - the builder is still gone!

What's scary is that I created the builder in my configuration. So how come it disappeared? Assuming there's more stuff hidden somewhere else in the workspace to make it work, I should have had it since I created that builder from my workspace! Unless eclipse cleaned it up when I restarted the workspace?

Any hint appreciated...

-Pascal