Re: [eclipse-dev] Your plug-in may be a liability if...: ACTION REQUIRED/ACTION REQUISE

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:32:01 +0200, Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This explicit listing of packages are a pain since:

(and here i'm explicitly talking about plugins that uses external libraries, not inter plugin dependencies)

/max

 From my understanding plugins will not be possible to access any new
packages added to some of the libraries without updating the plugin.xml
(and that is bad if users should be allowed to update the dependent library without
needing to mess with package names)

And when you run the workbench from inside PDE you have access to all classes/packages in your PDE project no matter what the plugin.xml says....at least that is my current experience. Meaning that you will not discover any classloading issues until you start from a total clean eclipse,
which wont happen very often while you develop.

/max

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate