[eclipse-dev] dev.eclipse.org Migration - Latest issues and status

Greetings,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the status of the recent migration issues.

Issue 1: Some committers lost committer rights on some plugins

I am experiencing a Twilight Zone issue where, although committers are in the right group, they cannot commit. This seems to be limited to accessing the files from Eclipse; when accessing the files using the local shell or with command-line CVS, files are accessible as expected. I tried downgrading CVS to an older version, but that didn't work. This is my #1 priority, as it severely impacts your work day.

Issue 2: pServer CVS is slow

Yesterday I was troubleshooting an issue with the Platform Releng team where the servers somehow delaying connection times to pserver CVS. Since then, somehow the problem seems to have gone away, but I'm keeping an eye open. I have requested the priority bandwidth pool for developers (including CVS, bugzilla and e-mail) be increased, so this should certainly help.

Issue 3: (Bugzilla|CVS|Server X) is unusably slow / Webmaster is dumb

Connections to every eclipse.org service (except for the newsgroups) are currently load-balanced across four servers, meaning if Bugzilla is unusably slow, the rest of the eclipse.org services should be unusable as well. When experiencing "unusably slow" conditions, please test the following before sending me an e-mail:

- note the time of day.
- try accessing the following page:
http://download.eclipse.org/arch/id.php and tell me what IP address you've reached for your connection - see how long it takes to get the mirror list web page by clicking the prominent "Eclipse SDK 3.0.2" link on the download page. Don't download it, just see how fast you get the mirror list page.

I know these issues are frustrating to deal with on your end, and I'm working hard to resolve them as quickly as I can. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Denis

Back to the top