Re: [eclipse-dev] Help, Eclipse on Redhat 9 crashes at splash screen

Danny Browne (danny_browne@xxxxxxxxxx):

> Can anyone make any sense of this error message? Trying to get eclipse
> running on Redhat 9 ix86. It crashes at the splash screen and tell me
> to check the .log file which contains the error message below.
>
> Are there any additional packages i need? I have gtk+-1.2.10-25 and
> gtk2-2.2.1-4.
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/danny/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.1/os/linux/x86/libswt-pi-gtk-3063.so: /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_assert_warning

  Looks like you may have upgraded something that brought in a new
version of libatk, but did not upgrade glib2.  Check what version of
libatk you have installed and make sure it has its dependencies.  Did
some third party software you installed break your system?

  -Billy

Back to the top