Re: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

> Here are a few ideas.  I'm afraid I haven't tried the plugin yet (I
> haven't downloaded 3.1 yet), apologies if something here is already
> done.
>
> * I'd like it if I could have per-project queries, with the results
>   of a query showing up in my task list.

Interesting. To see if I understand correctly, you would want to be able to assign a query to a project and have the results for that query show up in the task list. Is there a benefit to linking the queries to a particular project? For me, it would be enough to have a special folder in the Bugs view which would place any contained bugs in the task list (much like the special favorite folders in some browsers that will show the those links on the toolbar).

> * It would be convenient if the various standard free software bug
>   database addresses were preloaded into Eclipse somehow -- the
>   bugzilla equivalent of PR 28126.

I agree

> * As an added bonus, support for the sourceforge-style bug trackers
>   would be handy -- lots of projects are hosted on sourceforge or
>   clones.  (There are other bug trackers out there, but these two are
>   the most used.)

The Bugs view allows other bug trackers to be plugged in. We provided a bugzilla plugin for this because we use bugzilla. We would be happy to work with developers who want to provide support for other bug system but we will not be driving such an effort.

> * Some versions of bugzilla support access via RPC (xmlrpc I think);
>   if this is interesting and you're not already aware of or using it,
>   I can ask around for some info on it.

We are currently requesting bug and query data as xml from bugzilla so it is fairly easy to parse. However, we do not do any bug modifications yet but plan to in the future. If the RPC access defines protocols for bug modification, then we are definitely interested.

> Tom

Michael

Back to the top