RE: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

How is it different/compare to
http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclipse/search.jsp?query=bugzilla

-----Original Message-----
From: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jean-Michel Lemieux
Sent: 10 November 2004 07:26 PM
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eclipse-dev] [ANN] Bugzilla Plug-in

As a committer I've always wanted richer bugzilla integration in Eclipse.
Unfortunately
we've never had the time to experiment in this area, that is, until we found
an energetic intern that was keen to work on this. Silvio Boehler has
contributed a "work-in-progress"
bugzilla plug-in that may be useful for some of you. Here is the list of
features:

    * Works with Eclipse M3 and above.
    * Manage a set of bug tracking systems. Currently Bugzilla is the only
bug tracking system
       we support, but more can be added in the future by other plugins.
    * Manage bugs in folders for easy organization. Standard operations such
as copy, paste and
       delete are available, as well as support for drag and drop.
    * Display the information of bugs (properties, comments) in a
light-weight way for quick
       look-up. The label of a bug shows the most important properties such
as the priority, status
       and milestone.
    * Double-clicking an item in the view opens the SWT browser with the
appropriate
       webpage for the item.
    * Display a browser History folder with the most recently visited bugs
and queries.
    * Add queries and store them in different folders. Queries can be added
       via the context menu by pasting the query URL or by dragging a query
from the History folder.
    * Refresh bugs with the latest information from the Bugzilla server and
execute queries.

The following features are planned and will incrementaly be added as time
permits:

    * Integrate the handling of attachments, do operations on them (applying
a patch directly, viewing a screenshot, ...)
    * Integrate with CVS and other repository providers, hyperlink bug
references and display information
       either in a view or in a browser, add commit comments.
    * Quickly modify a bug without needed to switch to the SWT Browser.
For example, from a CVS Commit dialog or
       from the context menu on a bug.
    * Configure a bug's label.
    * Sorting bugs according to different criteria.

More information can be found at:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-vcm-home/do
cs/online/bugs-plugin/index.html

Enjoy, and please assign bugs and suggestions to the Team component.

Silvio, Michael, and Jean-Michel