Re: [eclipse-dev] Query about the JDK used by Eclipse

Eclipse uses its own Java compiler implementation (part of component
JDT/Core).
You can toggle the compiler compliance and installed JREs through the Java
preference pages: Window>Preferences>Java>...

             Gaurav
             Bhattacharjee
             <gaubhatt@xxxxxx.                                          To
             com>                      eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             eclipse-dev-admin
             @eclipse.org                                          Subject
                                       [eclipse-dev] Query about the JDK
                                       used by Eclipse
             11/09/2004 03:00
             PM

             Please respond to
                eclipse-dev

Hi,
I have a query regarding the default JDK compiler used by Eclipse while
performing a compilation. Supposedly I am not setting any JAVA_HOME
environment variable in my System, then using which compiler(javac.exe)
will Eclipse perform the compilation. I am using Eclipse under Windows
operating system.

Thanks And Regards,
Gaurav Bhattacharjee
Senior Software Engineer